[OZAPRS] Richard's comments following on mine (and more) ...

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 28 17:27:11 EST 2004

Hi

Do not intend to add much just a couple of personal comments.

>From the way I read it Terry VK5ATN is really not all that keen on APRS
particularly HF APRS well to each his own there are so many other facets
of
amateur radio that we all can find our area of interest or interests again
to each his own.

The way I read it Terry feels that HF APRS was virtually a waste or time
and
very unreliable quite the opposite in the past 12 months I have been on
two
3000 plus kilometer trips both of which were tracked extremely well by the
VK3MY-4/VK4DMI-4 pair. So well that hardly a beacon was missed by one or
other of them on 30m.

As far as 30m APRS in the evening is concerned yes at times, repeat at
times, it can be knocked about by non amateur traffic but as most if not
all
our driving out of the city takes place generally in daylight hours I
cannot
see this ever being a real problem.

That's my little addition.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS

PS: Ross or is it Richard confused who is who or who is doing what as far
as
VK3MY-4 is concerned no beacons seen since you made the change and I
suspect
that you are perhaps not at present putting traffic to the net.