[OZAPRS] Re: The Guide ....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 28 06:35:07 EST 2004

>>> tfn at rbe.net.au 5/26/04 7:50:46 PM >>>
>I have similar concerns with earlier discussions which
>suggested that mobile stations shouldn't transmit speed
>and direction, but only position....

What???!  Wow, I'm glad this caught my eye.  I have
not seen such discussions, but I am glad that you and
others quickly kill such lunacy.  Position without
heading and speed is only half of situational awareness
ESPECIALLY on a low data rate channel.

I think such sentiments come about because so many
clients these days do not dead-reckon or otherwise
show movement between updates.  So those users are
already blind to the dimension of space and time that
they dont know what they are missing.

de WB4APR, Bob