[OZAPRS] 7Mhz aprs

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 20 21:23:27 EST 2004

I feel we should stay on 7.036 LSB particularly as this is what we and the
ZLs have been using for a few months now.

I guess the preferred frequency is 7.039 LSB as I have been lead to
understand is also used else where around the globe but as there is
already
a Packet BBS service running there it would not be right to operate on top
of them particularly as they have been there for some considerable time.
Both for Des VK4DMI and I 7.039 LSB is really out of the question for us
anyway due to a very high noise level at VK4DMI location.

I personally feel that what is used elsewhere particularly on 40m is of
little concern to us for after all it is generally to be used for local
VK/ZL traffic and not for DX APRS.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS

Using DSP-12 TNC