[OZAPRS] EMAIL messages

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Sat Mar 20 08:17:16 EST 2004

After several hours of emails flying back and forth between Roger Barker
and myself last night, we confirmed that the problem with the APRS Email
servers lack of ACKs was due to the filtering all the VK & ZL IGates are
using on aprs/second.aprs.net.au port 10153. I think Tony VK5AH alluded to
this in an earlier email.

I’m not sure if there is a bug in the javaAPRS server application or
weather it’s the way in which the filters have been setup. Geoff are you
able to assist here?

The immediate work-around for this problem is for the IGates to connect to
port 10152 on aprs/second.aprs.net.au but this will cause other issues
with download volumes etc.

Cheers

Richard

VK3JFK