[OZAPRS] EMAIL messages

Rendrag rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Mar 18 23:35:18 EST 2004

From: "Hamish Moffatt" <hamish at cloud.net.au>
> In theory yes we could be we are limited to what the current software
> can do. We could certainly modify APRSD to do this but
> aprs/second.aprs.net.au are running "javAPRSsrvr" and I don't know if
> the source to that is freely available.

If someone can give me a quick rundown on the packet format for an EMAIL
message, I'd be happy to run yet another daemon process on the VK1 Igate
box
(It's already running 3 java VM's for the logging and packet processing
stuff, so one more VM isn't going to hurt :), and bandwidth isn't really
an
issue, since the box is being moved to an IP on a DSL link with a 100Gb
quota next week ;)

Cheers,

DG