[OZAPRS] hf + stuff for brian

Tony Sequeira vk3uaj at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jun 5 10:23:32 EST 2004

hi all

i think i will change my ssid's (when i get around to it ) to the bob
system although i like my van as-15

                                                vhf                    hf
home                                      vk3uaj

hand held / backpack            vk3uaj-7

home car/4wd                         vk3uaj-9        vk3uaj-15

work van                                  vk3uaj-14     vk3 uaj-13

it is a pitty that we dont have an ssid under 10 for the vhf van ,it would
be easy to c all hf stations above 10 or 12

-14 is ok for th van (its not a truck ) because i drive around all day

brian
 just for your info

 this is c copy of my reply u didnt get
 it did make the list though it may have been over looked

hello all
i have been a pasive reader of the list for about two years now and have
followed the trials and tribulations of most topics!
brian ,
in answer 2 your question , vk3uaj-11 is my hf mobile and is being tested
for reliability in the 4wd and in the shack,and has been gated mobile & at
home via 4dmi & zl on 30m.

although my 4wd vhf is -9 the hf is running  as-11 this makes it easy to
see if its  has been gated on findu,
and will probably revert to-9 when testing is complete.

i have seen vk3byd-12 who has also been using 30m-40m for at least 2 years
and often is seen gating out on vhf in melb,
 warren & i will both be testing 40m and look forward to a  40m gateway
that can give vk3 more reliable daytime coverage as we both travel in
remote mountain country and outside of vk3's vhf network.
30m is ok but at our distance the propagation from current gateways works
mainly in the morning and evening.
    73

    Tony Sequeira
    VK3UAJ