[OZAPRS] VKAPRS-IS back to full operation

Geoff ggatward at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 17 10:11:06 EST 2004

Folks,

The problems we have been experiencing with the aprs.net.au (VKAPRS)
server
now appear to have been resolved.  The server has been operating properly
and has been stable for the last week (previously managed about 2 hours
before rejecting connections)

We are not 100% sure of the cause, however the issue appears to have
arisen
from some network changes, which resulted in the incorrect autonegotiation

of the LAN parameters (10Mb HD instead of 100Mb FD) which in turn were
causing severe packet loss.

Most of you probably wouldn't have noticed any changes, since
second.aprs.net.au (VKAPRS-2) took on 100% of the load, however today the
load is spread 50-50 across both servers, as it should be.

Thanks for your patience whilst we got this issue resolved :-)

PS:
Both servers will be upgraded to the latest version of the software later
this week, now that the stability issues are sorted.

Geoff  VK2XJG