[OZAPRS] HF IGATE UNPROTO PATH?

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Wed Jul 7 22:56:15 EST 2004

We have seen some good explanations for the use of GATE,WIDE .. Its
exactly
the same situation for Satellite operations with the recomended path of
SGATE,WIDE ..

There are some pretty smart digis around that can cross band and
preemptivly
rearrange paths but the choices we have presently are limited somwhat..

Ron if for example you wanted to go HF mobile out into Sunset and be
tracked
locally on 3WRM-1 VHF is there a way to make that possible ?? The use of
GATE,WIDE would likely be involved.. Using GATE by itself with most digis
will not make it digi via WRM-1 for the whole VHF nets benifit..

Just a thought..  As to HF beacon times.. Its an interesting discussion..
The best comment yet that Ive seen and would have to agree with is in
regards to it being so hit and miss.. Thats certainly what Ive found..

73 Tony Hunt VK5AH