[OZAPRS] KPC3 firmware

akavk3 akavk3 at austarnet.com.au
Tue Jul 6 22:04:02 EST 2004

I am new to APRS and I am setting up vhf mobile APRS equipment for my
vehicle and a home station.
I have dusted off some unused modems from the shed. There is KPC3s MFJ1270
and a TNC2 clone home built.
My question is, where can I get a firmware update file for the KPC3?
Currently running ver5 from memory. Most of the APRS info I have dug up on
the net recommends ver 8.3. Kantronics haven't heard of it if it doesn't
have a '+' after the model number, so they only support the KPC3+.
Quote "Updates for "non-plus" units are no longer available"
All I need is a binary file to burn my own EPROM.

Barry