[OZAPRS] APRS.NET.AU renewal and some other things

Darryl Smith Darryl at radio-active.net.au
Tue Jan 27 19:48:50 EST 2004

People

1. APRS.NET.AU

The domain is up for renewal. FYI, it is going to cost $99 to renew for
two
years. My company, Radioactive Networks will pay for the renewal.

2. TNC-X Kiss TNC (with optional KISS)

I am importing a number of John Hansen's TNC-X Kiss TNC. The TNC comes as
kit, with an optional including USB interface. A case and construction
service is available too. More information is available on
http://www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/tnc-x.html

3. Embedded GPS

I have also found an embedded GPS device that works well with the TinyTrak
III... With the addition of a 5V regulator plugs straight into the TT3. It
arrived today so I have not done much testing, but it looks cute.
Internally
there is also a 16.367 MHz reference signal, and a 4.092 MHz IF signal
output. More detail is available on
http://www.radio-active.net.au/web/gps/haicom.html

4. OziAPRS

The OziAPRS software continues to grow. It now has interfaces to Microsoft
MapPoint built in as well as OziExplorer. On top of that it also
interfaces
to the Garmin Rino, which is not available in Australia.

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS   POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 International]
www.radio-active.net.au - www.radio-active.net.au\web\tracking