[OZAPRS] Any suggestions for VK APRS coverage via satellite?

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Jan 4 08:38:29 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

I think PCSat is dead and I dont thnik there is any local SGATEs operating
at persent but I did see this today which may be of some assistance.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK

-----------
Hi,

Those of you who experiment with Sgates may like to know that the ISS digi
is working - after a fashion. After quite some experimentation, and some
useful information from ZL2TE (Sid), I have found a path that works. The
usual paths of CQ via RS0ISS-4 and APRS via RS0ISS-4 are not currently
accepted by the ISS digi.

I'm not sure that the downlinked packets have the correct structure to be
successfully gated. This structure is determined by the configuration of
the inbuilt TNC in the on board Kenwood radio, and I'm sure that all of
you
will know much more about that than I do.

Anyway.. the downlink frequency is 145.800 MHz (with Doppler), as is the
uplink at present. A successful packet is shown below. Both Tx and Rx are
shown.

Sil - ZL2CIA

Fm ZL2CIA To RS0ISS-11 <UI pid=F0 Len=59 >[09:17:39]
=4116.78S/17445.27Ey- zl2cia at amsat.org via RS0ISS* {UISS30}

Fm ZL2CIA To RS0ISS Via RS0ISS-1*,SGATE-11 <UI pid=F0 Len=59 >[09:17:43]
=4116.78S/17445.27Ey- zl2cia at amsat.org via RS0ISS* {UISS30}