[OZAPRS] Any suggestions for VK APRS coverage via satellite?

Chris Hill chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au
Sun Jan 4 02:19:50 EST 2004

Hi All,

I travelling down south (approx 400km south of Perth) in the next day or
two, and would like to get back into the APRS network.

I will move out of terrestrial coverage after approx 200km south of Perth
(around the northern approaches to Bunbury), and unfortunately, I don't
have
HF APRS running yet.  Therefore, the only way I will get back into the
APRS
network from down south is:

1.  Enhanced propagation on 145.175MHz, or

2.  Digi-ing via a satellite, from my D-700A

Does anyone regularly monitor any of the amateur APRS capable satellites?
If so, which ones?

TIA,

Chris
vk6kch