[OZAPRS] Help or Advice wanted

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Jan 3 01:01:23 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 10:53:31PM +1000, Brian Beamish wrote:
> Was just walking out the room when the system powered down and rebooted,
> certainly was not a heat problem, quite reasonable in the shack at
present.

> Will leave system running again tonight but with no programmes running.

Could be one of the system fans is failing though so the internal
temperatures are more important than external.

Could also be faulty memory. Unfortunately memory can fail after being
in use for a couple of years (I had this happen on an expensive 1Gb
module with ECC error correction even). You can download a memory test
utility which will run for a few hours and see if everything is OK.
Here's one such program, from Microsoft:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Also you should check in the event viewer in the administrative tools
(Windows NT/2000/XP) to see if any errors are being recorded before the
reboot occurs.

Cheers
Hamish