[OZAPRS] Distance/bearing calculations

Barry akavk3 at austarnet.com.au
Sun Aug 29 17:49:40 EST 2004

There are some interesting 'tools' that you can download from the
Goescience
Australia web site.

http://www.ga.gov.au/nmd/geodesy/datums/calcs.jsp#trans

It may be possible to extract algorithms from the spreadsheet versions.
There are versions that use different algorithms and have varying levels
of
accuracy.

Also the "Geocentric Datum of Australia Technical Manual" can be
downloaded
as well as "Distance calculation algorithms" that can be downloaded.
And as they say 'lots lots more'

Maidenhead can be calculated by simple arithmetic from the Lat long.
I have an article somewhere describing the method, and I did encode it to
MC6805p3 to display maidenhead on a LCD module from the lat long string
from
my GPS. I don't think the source code would be of any use to you to put
into
a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet would do it a lot more simply.

Barry vk3sw