APRS Perl Split

Robert Pepper robert at peppernet.org
Thu Sep 25 14:31:51 EST 2003

> I am feeling very dumb today I need some help with this PERL code.
>
> STRING = CALLSIGN>DEST,DIGI,DIGI,DIGI:PAYLOAD
>
> I am trying to get:  CALLSIGN, DEST, (digis), PAYLOAD

$string = 'CALLSIGN>DEST,DIGA,DIGB,DIGC:PAYLOAD';

print join "\n", @stuff = split (/[>,:]/, $string);

this being Perl there are many more ways to do it.  Not familiar with the
structure of the data so can't recommend a best method.  Suggest perusal
of regex notes as split et al is just a regex variant at heart.

hth

--
Robert
http://www.gpsvehiclenavigation.com/