[OZAPRS] 30m VK3 H.F. Gateway

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 21 18:08:43 EST 2003

Hi Noel

I suggest that you consider what I did here, not technical but it worked.

I listened to both VK4DMI and VK3MY on the transceiver that I had in the
shack and tuned until I could print both stations beacons out indicating
that I was on the correct frequency.

Whilst I could not copy either very well on my Mobile I tuned in the best
I could.

I then set my mobile APRS beacon to 30 second intervals raced inside to
listen on my station Transceiver, previously tuned to both VK4DMI and
VK3MY it did mean 7 or 8 rushed trips between the shack and mobile I
eventually got my mobile sounding the same as the other two was printing
out as well.

Not very technical I agree but it works I have not touched the mobile
since, spot on the two already netted VK4DMI and VK3MY gateways.

I feel that anyone tuning to and actually seeing both or either VK4DMI or
VK3MY on their screen will find that if they are not spot on they will be
very close.

Connecting to the net or even looking at FINDU whilst beaconing will
indicate if and how often you are getting in.

Just a practical suggestion for those, like me, starting out in HF APRS
but please always net to one of the previously netted gateways like VK4DMI
or VK3MY etc otherwise we will all be all over the place.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS