[OZAPRS] aprs.net.au port 10153

Rendrag rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Oct 2 18:55:20 EST 2003

From: "Andrew Rich" <vk4tec at hotmail.com>
> I am curious
> Why do we see HS* Y* callsigns come through on what is supposed to be a
VK
> gate port ?
> Wouldnt you filter on "^VK*"

port 10153 is anything from a station whose call starts with VK or ZL, and
any station with a position within 4500KM of 34S/146E, hence the
r/-34/146/4500 p/VK/ZL filter spec if you look on
http://aprs.net.au:14501/
The Y*'s would likely be Indonesia (YBA-YHZ), and the HS's would be
Thailand, which mapinfo tells me are somewhat within the 4500KM

If you truly want VK only, you'd have to connect to port 14580, and send a
'filter p/VK'

Cheers,

DG

--