[OZAPRS] Pros and Cons of changing VK3's APRS frequency

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Mon Oct 13 13:18:31 EST 2003

A voice from VK5 land.. Yes I would like to second that thought.. One
frequency..

If you dont do it then its not so much a matter of why but when.. VK3 may
as
well be another country if they continue to stay on thier own channel..
Time
will show 2 factors which have been touched on allready I feel..

1: Frustration as APRS proliferates (or however its spelt) particularly on
the borders of VK5 and VK2

2: It gets harder and more expensive to change as time goes on.. This is
why
it hasnt happened so far.. Too hard and too costly.. I dont disagree but
neither factor is due to improve in time unless somebody dumps heaps of
sulplus gear on vk3 for nothing..

As a sysop in VK5 I can allready see that there will be headaches but it
can
be made to work.. I am glad Mildura started out from day one on 145.175 ..

Tony and Eva Hunt  VK5AH