[OZAPRS] Pros and Cons of changing VK3's APRS frequency

Geoff Gatward geoff.gatward at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 8 19:45:46 EST 2003

I've been out of town for a while so am still catching up on some
e-mails..

I think that a change to the national 145.175 frequency would definitely
be
the best move you could make.  I just came back from a trip to Wagga,
which
is pretty much on the border as far as frequencies go.  The locals there
are
often traveling in and out of town, which requires constant frequency
changes - hard when the mobiles are running single channel 828's :(

Any issues of looping via respective I-gates would be minor, and easily
solved with a little patience.  In fact we are about to be looking at this
issue seriously between the Wagga and VK1 Igates, with a new wide on Mt
Ginini imminent (A few days of testing and observation, and any problem
will
be solved by some simple path changes)

I'd say do it now, before the VK3 network becomes much bigger and
therefore
MORE involved to change later.

Geoff  VK2XJG