[OZAPRS] HF APRS Antennas?

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Sun Nov 30 14:07:11 EST 2003

Hi Ron

To the best of my knowledge the HF APRS Gateways are using dipoles.

In my car I use a 8ft SS tuneable whip.

I shall be leaving home today at approx 1.15 pm local (15 minutes from
now)
to attend a meeting close by whilst at the meeting to and from there I
will
set my beacon up for 1 minute intervals
and should show up on 10.149 LSB the same frequency as used by both VK3SB
think it is(maybe it is VK3MY I am a little confused there myself) I
should
be home about 3pm local this will though give anyone interested 2 hours to
perhaps hear my mobile, 100 watt, beacon.

Each morning and evening travelling to and from work I also run my HF
beacon
at this stage at one minute intervals.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS