[OZAPRS] 70 cm APRS frequencies

matthew.cook at tekelek.com.au matthew.cook at tekelek.com.au
Wed Nov 19 10:20:11 EST 2003

This is the frequency that we are pushing ahead with in VK5.   We hope to
have an experimental 9600 baud UHF APRS box in by early next year....   I
think not having 439.100 in the band plan designated for packet is going
make licensing any fixed service with the ACA a tad difficult, without WIA
TAC approval.    It's a pity this was not included in the last round of
band plan changes.

Just thought I would fill you in as to what VK5 are looking to do up on
70cm

Cheers

Matt
VK5ZMC

ozaprs-bounces at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au wrote on 11/19/2003 07:05:54 AM:

> Folks,

> I know there is a bit of debate regarding 70cm APRS at the moment,
however I
> have been asked to distribute to the APRS community (In particular VK2)
for
> comment.

> Any takers?     As Barry mentioned 439.100 is clear in the Sydney
region,
> however there is an established 4800bps packet network already on
434.100.