[OZAPRS] FW: [Fwd: 70 cm APRS frequencies]

Andrew McDade amcdade at senet.com.au
Sun Nov 23 20:36:10 EST 2003

Gday all,

> > cannnot display it and the driver cannot ABSORB IT.  THus there is NO
> NEED
> > for UHF or 9600 baud to imporve the SPAM rate to mobiles...
>
> I wish people in VK5 would see the light :-(   I like the analogy to
SPAM
> :-)
>
> 73's
>
> Matt
> VK5ZMC

Just to clarify Matts comments.

Currently do break this rule to a degree in VK5. We have a National feed
trickling back into out local network from the igate  at the moment
because
1) We generally have extremely low local traffic ( several digis , half a
dozen or so home stations, 2 - 5 mobiles ) and thats on a busy day !!!.
2)
We feel that generating a bit of igate inbound traffic locally within
reason
can be beneficial for newcomers setting up APRS software etc. 3) The local
map is generally very boring due to the low level of activity, so , though
not necessarilly complete , the national incoming feed does add more
interest when doing demos's etc for prospective APRS'ers.

We do use APRS in VK5 for WICEN activites. ie. vehicle tracking for car
rallies etc. In these situations the Incoming igate feeds are disabled.
The
channel activity here in VK5 is analysed more or less on a daily basis. If
and when the channel loading gets too high, the incoming Igate feeds will
be
totally disabled.

Regards  .. Andrew  .. VK5EX

---