[OZAPRS] Re: [Xastir] How to show a storm front ?

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Fri Nov 14 09:15:48 EST 2003

> I know in APRS you can show an object
>
> What about a line ?
>
> eg how would I show a storm front.
>
> Maybe we can adapt some of the technology employed in netmeeting's white
> board
>
> start of line lat /long - end of line lat /long to draw ?

I think when I've seen the NWS feed on APRS they do a 'bounding box'. It
looks like they 'connected the dots' creating a multi-line rectangle of
sorts and then they drop an object inside/near the box with information
about it.

You can see an example of what Im talking about right now in the tri-state
area for Kentucky/Indiana/Ohio...there are two such boxes.

It doesnt show the speed, direction, etc stuff as far as I know.

-Tyler