[OZAPRS] Tigertronics

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 7 21:11:43 EST 2003

Hi

Just for info when using the Tigertronics you will find the Comments text
is limited to 21 characters less that half I believe I have on the PIC-E
this will help reduce the beacon length on HF.

What I have found that whilst HF 300baud APRS works well it does though
have far more "Misses" than 1200buad on VHF if the HF beacons are set as I
believe Bob suggested to 30 Minutes and you "Miss" 2 or 3 times and you
have travelled over 100kms maybe 200kms and a couple of hours down the
road. Miss a couple on 1200baud locally maybe a minute of two and you are
only a couple of kilometres in the city down the road.

Just food for thought.

Regards Brian VK4BBS

PS: Des VK4DMI and myself are both using Tigertronics equipment for both
APRS and SSTV and am very happy with both.