[OZAPRS] VK3 Digipeater Update

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 7 08:33:15 EST 2003

Hi All,

This is to up date you on the current status of the VK3 APRS Digipeaters.

- APRS Digi VK3UR-1 has changed its callsign to VK3RBU-1. The digi has
been
programmed to digipeate packets addressed to VK3UR-1 so the change will
have
no impact current paths. The call VK3UR-1 will be removed from VK3RBU-1 in
3
months to allow people time to change their paths.

While changing the callsign a rx fault was noticed and the digipeater was
in
effect off air for a few days before I installed a new radio and TNC at
the
site.

- VK3YXP-1 is a new test digipeater located on the PAPS near Mansfield.
It's
coverage and usage will be evaluated over the next 12 months to determine
if
it is to become a permanent addition to the VK3 APRS network.

- Digipeater VK3CV-1 has a problem with a low level hum behind it's packet
tones when transmitting. This may reduce the coverage and decode-ability
of
the digipeater. When I have time I will visit the site to see what needs
be done to fix the problem.

- VK3MY-1 Mt Dandenong is still off are due to circumstances beyond my
control.

- VK3AE-1 in Gippsland will have a callsign change to VK3RGI-1 shortly.
The
digi will be programmed to digipeate packets addressed to VK3AE-1 for a
period of 3 months so the change will have no impact current paths. This
will allow people time to change their paths.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK