[OZAPRS] Davis Weather Wizard III

Darryl Smith Darryl at radio-active.net.au
Sun May 4 20:17:31 EST 2003

Well,

The only option I can think of is the WxTrack from Byonics. I will be
selling the IC for $40+ postage... This has only just been released. The
next step above that is the full WxTrack kit for $65+postage. They will
be on http://www.radio-active.net.au/web/gpsaprs/tinytrak.html soon.

Alternately you can always program and build your own - although you are
looking at $3-400 for a good 'C' compiler, programmer and programming
software. There is a lot of code in the DCC proceedings from last year I
believe... I can recommend this path if you are interested in learning
all about the internals of the Davis Wx station (YUK) and the AX25
protocol...

As a side line I interfaced a DAVIS to a Motorola G18 cellphone module a
few days ago with a voice synthesyzer... Cute...

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS   POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 International]
Darryl at radio-active.net.au | www.radio-active.net.au