[OZAPRS] Microsoft Access question

Ben Rampling vk6tla at amsat.org
Mon Jun 23 01:34:37 EST 2003

Darryl,

If you're using Access with MSDE/Transact-SQL something like the following
will produce your result:

SELECT *
FROM tblPositions
WHERE NOT EXISTS
    (SELECT time
    FROM tblPositions AS innerPositions
    WHERE
    DATEDIFF(second, innerPositions.time, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
    < DATEDIFF(second, tblPositions.time, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
    AND
    innerPositions.callsign = tblPositions.callsign)

(Replacing CURRENT_TIMESTAMP with the time of interest)

You should be able to convert the query to work on any database supporting
subqueries (Not sure if Access Jet does or not...). Just replace the
DATEDIFF function with anything that will give you the absolute value of
the
difference of dates or times.

Regards,
Ben Rampling VK6TLA