[OZAPRS] GPS thoughts

Richter, Mike W Michael.Richter at team.telstra.com
Thu Jul 24 09:56:12 EST 2003

Andrew

I was looking at building my own GPS to use with an iPAQ by using a Garmin
15.

Then I had a look at the Geko 301. Includes display, track memory,
antenna, batteries, compass, barometer/altimeter. When I want to use it
with an External Antenna (which I always do when mapping walking tracks) I
will use a Repeating Antenna powered by 1 LiIon battery.

Geko 301 is US$190 currently - not available here yet.

Mike VK2BMM