[OZAPRS] Upgrade of server complete

Andrew Rich andrew.rich at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 16 07:17:46 EST 2003

Any chance of a SPACE filter

RS0ISS and PCSAT and W3ADO for the sats

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-admin at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
[mailto:ozaprs-admin at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au]On Behalf Of Geoff Gatward
Sent: Wednesday, 15 January 2003 22:01
To: vk2-aprs; Ozaprs
Subject: [OZAPRS] Upgrade of server complete

Folks,

The upgrade of second.aprs.net.au has been completed successfully.

This upgrade changed the software in use on the secondary national hub,
and
also resolved several issues with ports becoming locked using the VK/ZL
filter.

As a result of the upgrade, a new feature of a USER DEFINABLE filter is
now
available.

Connections to second.aprs.net.au may now be made on the following ports:
1314 = Messaging Only Feed
10151 = Global Feed with history
10152 = Global Feed
10153 = VK/ZL Filtered Feed
14580 = User Defined Filter   (See below)
14501 = HTML Status   (http://second.aprs.net.au:14501)

USER DEFINED FILTER PORT 14580:

Each client connecting to the server is able to select the traffic they
are
interested in
and the server will create a unique feed for you. There is great
flexibility
to construct your personal feed.

Filters can be based on a geographic range, a callsign prefix or specific
callsign,
and the type of APRS packet itself (objects, weather, telemetry etc)

Details on using the filter are available via the status page - follow the
link above.

If there are any issues with the new server, please let me know and I'll
see
what I
can sort out for you.

Regards,