[OZAPRS] FW: [aprssig] Future of 144.39

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 10 08:45:45 EST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I found this on the APRS Sig and thought it to be topical, especially for
VK3 around Melbourne.

I have always though it would be great if we could get a number of small
APRS cells linked via the internet. To manage traffic levels within these
small cells distanced based filters would be used which would only Gate
Internet traffic within X distance from the ARPS cells transmitter.

Most of the software is already available, the difficult part is finding
permanent internet access or if using a UHF backbone finding the
additional
equipment required for the cells.

Changing Amateurs ideas about the principle of higher is better... and
more
power is better is also be a challenge.

Cheers
Richard.