[OZAPRS] DX

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Fri Feb 7 13:05:15 EST 2003

No So easy Ben in Greater Adelaide..

 144.900 is a BBS user channel and its actually about 400m ASL giving it
very good coverage.. small signals tend to dissapear on there locally.. I
wonder if you ever hear anything from 5TTY BBS ?? It doesnt send any
Posits
out on beacons.. If your only running software that looks for UI frames
then
it likely your missing it even when its there.. Its a very Busy BBS at
times..

By the way 5RMB is running a direct beacon still on 145.175 every 12 mins
without any digis in the path.. It shows up as a DX spot symbol .. We have
had some looping with Waga Igate and possibly others at times with frames
reappearing out of our Igate here locally via Waga VK2WAG ..

Tony and Eva Hunt   wavetel at iname.com