[OZAPRS] (no subject)

Chris Hill chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au
Fri Feb 7 10:57:02 EST 2003

Hi Shannon,

The (very) short answers are:

1.  It is the same size as the Motorola Oncore GPS module, and plugs
straight onto it.
2.  It provides the +5V, and does TTL-to-RS232 conversion
3.  It can take a PIC...  my personal one is running TintTrak II, plugged
into a handheld radio.
4.  It can feed the PIC and simultaneously provide RS-232 to a PC or some
other external device
5.  It provides the 1PPS output on [none | one | two] of the DB9 serial
port
pins, suitable for feeding a PC running as an NTP server, etc.
6.  I ran out of room on the PCB for a patch antenna (there's only so much
that can fit!), so you still have to separately provide an antenna for the
GPS module.
7.  Finally, I REALLY must get around to putting a webpage together on
this
little gem...  perhaps this weekend?

Regards,

Chris vk6kch