[OZAPRS] Further on 40m BBSs and APRS

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 26 00:59:47 EST 2003

Hi Folks
Hope you all had a great Christmas Day we sure did.

Yes it is the exact same frequency as the BBS stations have been on for
quite some time now and the same frequency pair just get on and listen.

Yes I believe it is most unfair and uncooperative of us to be beaconing
when
they are often trying to either forward between BBSs or being accessed by
users. For one who has run a HF BBS I can appreciate the delays and
problems
that would be created by us operating a HF APRS network right on the same
frequency. I feel that it would for want of a word be most unsportsmanlike
of us to do so and I for one would not consider operating there for that
very reason and I am sure that there are others who feel likewise.

Also during the time that forwarding between BBSs or the time users access
these BBSs which could be from a few minutes to maybe 30 minutes at a
time,
remember it is not 1200 baud packet they are forwarding at but 300 baud,
we
would not be able to get beacons through anyway.

Why not move to 7.036 LSB or some other less busy and freer frequency we
have nothing to loose but plenty to gain.

Have a great New Year

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS