[OZAPRS] HF APRS Balun help needed

Brian Mennis mennisb at ozemail.com.au
Mon Dec 8 11:04:58 EST 2003

Andrew,

There is an interesting construction article on baluns in AR for October
1997.

I built a couple of these and am currently using one of them in the centre
of a multi-band dipole. This is 3 dipoles joined at the balun, a quick and
easy way to get multi band operation with one bit of coax to the rig.
Probably not the most efficient but it works, and is a system I have used
on
and off for years, mostly in inverted V configurations.

One thing that I did notice with these baluns was that I had to make the
lengths of the dipole halves much longer than the formula would indicate.
Normally, when I make an antenna like this, I make it much longer than the
formula says, but even my "extra" was not sufficient with this balun.

If you cannot source the article, I could copy it and fax or post it, if
you
can give me an appropriate address.

Brian VK4XS.