[OZAPRS] Concerned about 10.151Hhz LSB

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 3 20:43:10 EST 2003

Hi

Just want to get one thing clear in my earlier message with regard to the
10.151Mhz LSB frequency I mentioned about modifying  transceivers.

I was referring only to modifying them to work out of band, I had a 12
month
contract working with the department and I assure you that the R.Is and
Monitoring chaps are no fools.

They are aware that most transceivers can be modified to work out of band
and usually when this modification takes place it is just not one band but
just about over the full coverage of the transceiver.

Having a transceiver capable of transmitting out of band, as we know, is
illegal and this is what I was referring to regarding modifications. Not
that every time a R.I sees us perhaps operating out of band are they going
to come knocking on our door but should they wish to they would have a
good
excuse to so.

This was the only point that made me even mention modifying.

I am quite happy personally to move where ever VK4DMI and other HF
Gateways
decide to operate.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS