[OZAPRS] Re: HF Freqs for VK APRS

Alex Colquitt alex at bywong.com
Mon Sep 30 09:56:03 EST 2002

Hi Chris,

I believe we're to use 10.151MHz LSB for APRS HF.  Yes, looks out of band,
but
on LSB you run just within the Ham segment.

And there is activity there......  ;-)
Cheers,

Alex VK1AC

Message: 2
From: "Chris Hill" <chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au>
To: "Ozaprs at Marconi.Ics.Mq.Edu.Au" <ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:10:07 +0800
Subject: [OZAPRS] HF Freqs for VK APRS ?

Hi,

An amateur mate of mine (a full call) is going 4WDing next week, and I
thought it'd be good if we could get some APRS position reports back over
HF.

He has a MFJ1270B TNC, and an HF rig capable of operating on all amateur
bands from 80m to 10m (but doesn't yet have antennas for all those bands).
He'll be travelling just to the west of Kalgoorlie, roughly speaking.

Can anyone suggest a suitable frequency for sending APRS packets on, on
HF?
Is anyone listening for 300 baud packet on any of the bands?  And if so,
is
anyone actually using the facility?

Any info or suggestions gratefully received!

73 Chris vk6kch

--

(This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling
and  grammar enhance its individual character and beauty. They