[OZAPRS] More on Igate DELAY odities

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Fri Nov 15 10:07:35 EST 2002

Last night I had another fiddle with the traffic on the Igate ..
This morning the delays are less it seems as well..

Last night I sent a few messages out via Uiview on the Net.. Some Queries
and  some commands to BRC-7 .. I waited about 10 mins after it retried
out..
These didnt get ACKs within 10 mins and should have produced a response in
the form of return messages.. I logged off the net and turned on the
radios..

Just after I turned the radios on and watched I saw the first of the
frames
emerging from the Igate.. About 15 mins after the first frames would have
hit the NET.. These kept going for another 6-7 mins.. Each frame comming
off
the net produced an almost instant response from BRC-7 for example.. I got
the messages in response to the requests via RF now as I wasnt on the net
anymore..

I just did a DX query to 5BRC-7 by sending a line
DX 1
to 5BRC-7 and that took about 8 mins for a response this morning..  Quite
while after it retiried out..

Its almost impossible to conduct even a quick chat via the Igate as one
can
not tell at all if the frames are getting through and generally gives up
and
walks away..

Some ideas on this would be interesting.. The Adelaide Igate is connected
via the reduced feed to the VK APRS server .. Maybee this has something to
do with it..

Tony Hunt VK5AH