[OZAPRS] VK2WAG and 2m Propagation into Adelaide

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 14 08:50:12 EST 2002

I have been using APRS for a long time to predict VHF conditions for my
own
interest.

If you use UI-View32 it has a Status Text mode that will send out (TX) the
best DX once an hour (recomended status tx rate). UI Path32 ver 4.9.3
(http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/upth3249.zip) has DX facilities that allows
you to run a nominated program when your station hears a posit direct (not
digi'ed) greater than a set distance from your qth.

Ducting does cause problems with normal APRS traffic levels and IGate
Looping but it's normally in the early mornings when the impact on the
local
network is not large.

NOCALL-10 is generated from somewhere in NE Vic. I think it is from a
station around Sheperton which has not setup the Traffic Program
correctly.
I have not been able to track down which station though.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK