[OZAPRS] GPS receivers available

VK3MR . vk3mr at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 28 13:13:50 EST 2002

Hello
Some of you might find this interesting; I have been coordinating the
source
of complete aprs set-ups including, Motorola GT+ Oncore receiver boards
(current model brand new), MAX 232 interfaces & Antennas for amateurs use
on
projects.  Many of these units are being used with much product
development
within this country.  With very little fuss by means of putting in a metal

kit box (to protect from RF), and the soldering of 6 wires on a DB-9
connector your Kenwood TNC equiped radio is up and running, like wize all
other radios there are interface boards available now with the MAX232 on
the
board with pic controller for interfacing any 2 mtr or 70 cm transceiver.

I have built many set-ups now; brief case units for stand alone
communications and easy fit and removal vehicle installations, back pack
adventurer setups, nomal interfacing in normal kit boxes, and interfaces
that include the TT2 Mice controller, for use with all radios and the
facility to plug and play Kenwood was well.

ITEMS AVAILABLE:
Motorola GT+Oncores (programmed up in NMEA mode)
Max 232 + power supply, (incl board separators)
Micropulse Antennas (26 Dbi, filtered)
Software supplied	(Winoncore12)
Schematic of the MAX 232
Postage and packaging  (depending on quantity)
**Add $2.00 for each extra unit ordered for packaging**
Warranty is 3 months from date of purchase on manufacturers faults.
All units are personally tested prior to sending for full functionality.

Disclaimer:
This not a business but a service to amateur radio hams in Australia.  My
only endeavour to cover my costs over the products supplied.

Soon to be available is a TNC Incorp Max 232 for those non Kenwood TNC
radios and maybe a board mounted gps antenna.

vk3mr at hotmail.com

Paul Ashby
VK3MR