[OZAPRS] APRSD and higher amount of users.

VK5UJ - Joseph Burford joe at vk5uj.com
Thu Dec 26 23:39:51 EST 2002

Been doing some testing on a higher amount of users on my box.

Redhat 6.2
P166 32mb RAM
APRSD 2.2.3

Had the user limit set to 50, logged in 49 of them. Didn't get a chance to
get to 50, Tony did the honours.

aprsdBVL>APD223,TCPIP*::USERLIST :Humbug_Scrub_SA_AUS: Verified  VK5AH-2
using UI-View32 V1.86. 50 users

Anyway box runs IRLP node 6500, AX.IP forwarding, APRS Igate, AX.25 Node,
weather reporting and processing. Got two TNCs one at 4800 other at 9600
hanging off it. All sorts of FTP uploads and other stuff on our LAN. After
30mins of testing at 50 users:     load average: 0.08, 0.16, 0.19

Nothing is noticeably suffering.

Cheers,

joe at vk5uj.com